Asianews

Eala, partner advance to semis in Workday Canberra doubles tilt

MANILA, Philippines — Actress Claudine Barretto revealed that she’s trying to recover millions of pesos from an ex-husband.

In her interview with Luis Manzano, Claudine vowed to get back the millions of pesos for her kids. 

“We’re talking about hundreds of millions na. Ang iniwan sa akin was P25,000. Sa isang bangko pa lang was, like, P116 million. Isang bangko pa lang ‘yun. And iniwan was P25,000. And I don’t know kung bakit kahit na or whatever, dapat sinasabihan ka ng bangko, ‘di ba?” Claudine said. 

“Ang ibinalik lang niya sa akin nu’n, during that time, was P7 million. We were still together. Kasi nga, kukunin pa niya sa sino ‘yung mga pinagtaguan niya nu’ng perang ‘yun.

“Kasi, ayoko siyang matulad sa parang na, you know, ‘yung tatay ng mga anak ko magnanakaw. Ayoko, ayoko. Kaya hindi ko nilaban ‘yung pera noon.”

Claudine said that the case is now in court.

“But now na lumalaki ‘yung mga anak ko, ta’s kukunin mo ‘yung bahay, ‘yung bahay namin, du’n na, ‘yun na ‘yung sinabi ng lahat ng tao, ‘Okay. Magba-VAWC (Violence Against Women and Children) na tayo,’” she said. 

“Kukunin ko na kung ano ‘yung dapat sa akin. Mag-labasan na tayo. Sige na,” she added. 

The actress said that she needed the money now because her kids want to study abroad. 

 “Ngayon, since malaki na ang mga anak ko, Sabina wants to study abroad, Santino’s in Brent and alam naman natin kung gaano kamahal ‘yun,” she said. 

“So, parang since hindi niya nabibigay ‘yung support na in-order ng court, hindi nasusunod. Parang ‘yun ‘yung sinasabi ng mama na ‘Ipaglaban mo,’” she added.

Claudine said that she’s thankful to Luis’ mother, Vilma Santos, for giving her encouraging words. 

“Talagang sabi ko, ‘Ate Vi, pabalik ako.’ So, kung may mga court cases na naman, baka makaantala ‘yun sa mga projects na darating. Tapos sabi niya, ‘As long as you show them that you’re working hard, you’re professional, ipaglaban mo, Claudine. Ipaglaban mo ‘yung pagiging nanay mo,” she said. 

“’Ipaglaban mo,’ sabi niya. ‘Pumunta ka sa korte. Mag-demanda ka,’ sabi niya. ‘Ipaglaban mo ‘yung pagiging nanay mo. Ipaglaban mo ‘yung pagiging asawa mo, pagiging wife mo. Ipaglaban mo lahat ‘yun. Kunin mo kung ano ‘yung nawala sa’yo.’

“And your mom told me lang na, ‘Co ntinue working, kasi nandiyan na. Nandiyan na ‘yung mga trabaho mo. Pero ipaglaban mo. Kunin mo kung ano ‘yung para sa’yo.’”

Claudine did not mention the name of her ex-husband, but the actress has been estranged from her husband, actor Raymart Santiago. They were married first in a civil wedding in May 2004 and then again in a church wedding in March 2006. — Video from Luis Manzano YouTube channel

RELATED: Claudine Barretto opens up about betrayal, Raymart Santiago split 

MANILA, Philippines — Roughly a week after leaving the PLDT High Speed Hitters, Mich Morente has found her new home.

Morente has signed with the Petro Gazz Angels, the Premier Volleyball League (PVL) team announced on Thursday.

“Your high-octane energy will surely drive us to our desired destination!” the team posted on Facebook.

“We’re glad to have an Angel named Momo! Welcome, Mich Morente!” it added.

Late last year, Morente, along with Mean Mendrez and Anj Legacion, were released by PLDT.

The High Speed Hitters finished fifth in the 2023 PVL Second All-Filipino Conference with a 7-4 win-loss record.

This is just one of the whirlwind of PVL moves in the past days.

On Wednesday, middle blocker Joy Dacoron signed with Petro Gazz.

Former F2 Logistics Cargo Mover Ethan Arce also jumped ship to the Angels. 

The moves came after Petro Gazz’s main gun Grethcel Soltones signed with the Akari Chargers.

MANILA, Philippines — Filipina tennis ace Alex Eala is off to the semifinals of the Workday Canberra International’s doubles’ play in Australia.

Eala and her partner, Brazil’s Laura Pigossi, entered to the semifinals of the tournament after securing the walkover over Hungary’s Anna Bondar and Switzerland’s Celine Naef.

They will be facing the winner of the match between the pair of Japan’s Nao Hibino and Russia’s Irina Khromacheva, who will be battling the Aussie pair of Kaylah Mcphee and Astra Sharma.

Eala and Pigossi earlier crashed into the quarterfinals of the tourney with a hard-fought victory over Italy’s Sara Errani and Mexico’s Renata Zarazua.

The Eala-Pigossi duo won, 5-7, 6-0, 10-6 on Wednesday.

The Filipina tennister bowed out of the women’s single play before the round of 32.

In the qualifiers, the 18-year-old met her demise when she faced Naef, 4-6, 5-7.

Eala entered 2024 with a career-high ranking for singles’ play.

She ranked 185th in women’s singles at the turn of the year.

More News

59

Bear with me. This will b

Scroll to Top